What does family mean to you?
My 25 answers took less than 25 minutes to write but a lifetime to find out:
1. A family is a unit of individuals sharing the same DNA but uniquely different.
2. A family knows how to push your buttons.
3. A family is your best cheering section.
4. A family pulls you back into the fold if you go astray.
5. A family is always there with tough love.
6. A family knows how to make you laugh.
7. A family knows how to make you cry.
8. A family can affect you from the inside – out.
9. A family has an effect on your life.
10. A family can embarrass you and make you proud.
11. A family knows how to stick together.
12. A family knows how to fight, whether rough-housing or serious.
13. A family knows how to speak the truth, even when you don’t want to hear it.
14. A family is naturally competitive with primal ‘survival of the fittest’ instincts.
15. A family knows where you’ve been and has an idea of where you’re going.
16. A family does things together: eat, sleep, play, work, pray…
17. A family knows how to cooperate.
18. A family is a witness in your journey of life.
19. A family endures your struggles and celebrates your joys.
20. A family holds you up when you’re weak and pushes you down when you’re strong.
21. A family can be hard on you and soft on you too.
22. A family makes you sentimental.
23. A family is familiar ground.
24. A family knows the best of you and the worst of you and loves you anyway.
25. A family is a blessing because we are an extension of our heavenly family.
Celebrating another birthday, triggered thoughts of my family. I pondered the question, ‘Why was I born into this family?’ I’m the oldest of nine children whose parents enjoyed singing, exercise, eating healthy, praying and family time. I share their passion.
The family I was born into has grown. Now, I have a family of my own and my brothers and sisters have families of their own. To a degree, my sense of family is a part of everything I do and extends to my friends, my work and the world.
Hoping the best of your family lives on through you,
Maria Lauren – yourpowerfullife
(AKA: Maria Elena Alberici – Riccio)
Maria Lauren continues to make personal appearances as a Keynote Speaker in “You Got The Power,” as an Entertainer/Producer of “Showstoppers” and a Singing and Fitness Coach. Contact: YGTPower@aol.com
Maria’s Website: www.MariaLauren.com
Maria Lauren and her sister, Linda Eichberg (Alberici Sisters) are authors of a book about Entertainment Legends and Family, selling on Amazon. Book Preview: www.BeyondOurWildestDreams.com