The world is full of wonders to behold and temptations that can imprison the soul.
Freedom comes with a price, a sacrifice, courage, wisdom, strength and sometimes tough love.
This month, I contemplate the many who defended our freedom and prayerfully remember my dad’s birthday. He was dynamic in his dedication to his family of nine children, leading us in prayer and working tirelessly until his death.
When someone asked my dad why he worked so hard. He replied, “I don’t want my children to be pushed around. It’s survival of the fittest!”
Speaking of being fit, my dad also instilled in us the values of exercise and healthy living. I’m grateful for that and leaving us a legacy to value prayer, hard work and love. He taught us that the easy road was usually not the best road and to follow Jesus.
Our family prayer
“You my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love.” – Galatians 5: 13
Wishing you the freedom to love in truth.
AKA Maria Elena Alberici
Your Powerful LIFE blog
This is a blog about LIFE: Living, Inspiration, Fitness, Entertainment. It is produced in my own time and solely reflects my personal opinions. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of my employer, past or present, or any other organization with which I may be affiliated. All content is copyrighted.
Sunrise on the first day of my family vacation.
Summer is here and I hope it includes a vacation for you to enjoy inspiration, meditation and lovely moments.
- “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” – Jesus Christ
Seven Days of Inspired Quotes
- “So I say to you ask and it will be given to you, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened.” – Jesus Christ
- “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible , and suddenly you’re doing the impossible.” – St. Francis of Assisi
- “Stick your nose to the grindstone, don’t look to the left or to the right. The work doesn’t get done by magic.” – Lee Alberici
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust God: trust also in me.” – Jesus Christ
- “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert Schuler
- “If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl. If you can’t crawl, wiggle like a worm.” – Albert Alberici
- “But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life.” – Jesus Christ
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
- “The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.” – Vince Lambardo
- “Blessed are the weak, for they shall inherit the Earth.” – Jesus Christ
- “Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I found it is the small things. Everyday deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.” – J.R.R. Tolkien (Gandalf)
- “If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say, don’t say anything.” – Lee Alberici
- “All the commandments are summed up in this single command: you must love your neighbor as yourself.” – Jesus Christ
- “Try to be the rainbow in someone’s cloud.” Maya Angelou
- “The friendly thing is never the wrong thing.” – Albert Alberici
- “For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. “- Jesus Christ
- “Ask for help, not because you’re weak, but because you want to remain strong.” – Les Brown
- “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one come to you without leaving happier.” – Mother Teresa
- “And know that I am with you always, even to the end of time.” – Jesus Christ
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Suess
- “Let your light shine through the clouds.” – Maria Lauren, a.k.a. Maria Elena Alberici – Riccio
Sending an abundance of love and hugs to my wonderful family whose inspiration and wisdom I appreciate beyond words.
Blessings to all,
Maria Lauren, aka Maria Elena Alberici – Riccio
MY WEBSITE – Fitness & Entertainment
Your Powerful LIFE blog is about Living, Inspiration, Fitness, Entertainment…. It is produced in my on time and solely reflects my personal opinions. Statements on this site do not represent the views or policies of my employer, past or present, or any other organization with which I may be affiliated.
All content is copyrighted.